Circle of experts.
Meet our team.
At Device25 we all share a passion for digital transformation and getting the best out of medical devices. We form a network of leading experts in the medical device field and try to foster the exchange of knowledge in life cycle management.
Meet our team
Dr. Martin Schuler
CEO & Co-founder, Chairman of the Board
With more than fifteen years of experience in various senior roles in the medical device industry, Martin has the skill to quickly get the overall picture. He sees where improvements need to be made and where in-depth expertise is required to achieve an optimal market penetration and maximal service life for medical devices.
“I constantly think about new ways to improve and position medical devices on the market. The MDR is a huge opportunity for agile medtech companies to stand out from the competition”
- 2016-19 Member of the Executive Board and Director of the Clinical Investigation and Documentation Institute, AO Foundation
- 2008-15 Senior global roles in Clinical Research, Medical Affairs and Product Management, Straumann
- 2007-08 Clinical Research Associate, Smith & Nephew Orthopedics
- 1990-97 Professional cross-country skier and member of the Swiss National Ski Team
- MSc and PhD in Materials Sciences from ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- MBA from Rochester University, NY, USA
- EMBA from University of Berne, Switzerland
Chief Business Development Officer & Co-founder, Member of the Board
Andy looks back to an impressive 25 years of senior experience in the pharmaceutical and medical device industry. He has a major network of KOLs and the talent to quickly build connections and trusted relationships. His experience in clinical research is simply unique and an asset in any clinical investigation.
“I believe that there are many alternative ways for complying with the new MDR . But working with a dynamic and highly committed team will help you find the optimal solution for your products.”
- 2005-19 Senior Manager Clinical Operations (Clinical Research and Development), AO Foundation
- 10+ years QA Responsible for Novartis Ophthalmics
- Project Lead for the successful implementation of FDA compliance for a sterile manufacturing site for ophthalmic products
- 3+ years Zellweger Luwa competence Pharma-Manager
- MSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences from ETH, Zurich, Switzerland
- BSc in Business Administration from GSBA, Zurich, Switzerland
- Lecturer for Pharmacology and Chemistry, Kaleidos FH, Switzerland
Chief Technology Officer
Markus has profound experience in the development of medical devices from class I to III and electrical medical equipment. With his analytical skills, he is able to identify gaps in processes, personnel skills and product documentation in a time efficient manner. Furthermore, he provides solutions to close gaps with a lean and practicable approach using digital technologies and smart processes.
“I always strive for the perfect solution for existing and potential future problems using the best possible resources. Never lose the big picture.”
- 2019-20 Medical device expert advisor for digital transformation, mind4medical GmbH
- 2017-18 Senior development engineer for sports and orthopedics, Mathys AG Bettlach
- 2012-17 Project manager and development engineer, Schaerer Medical for surgical tables (electrical medical equipment including software) and accessories made from carbon, key advisor CAD and data management (PDM/PLM)
- 2008-12 Development engineer for spinal implants and power tools, Synthes AG
- 2006-07 Design engineer for trauma and spinal implants, key advisor CAD, data management and modeling standardization group, Synthes Bettlach GmbH
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from HTI BFH in Burgdorf, Switzerland
- Apprenticeship in Design Engineering at Bosch Power Tools, Switzerland
Dr. Roland Herzog
Member of the Board
Roland has more than 20 years of experience in innovation, product development and product management in the medical device industry. This makes him a strong sparring partner when discussing strategy and future trends of medical devices. He further serves as the liaison to the AO Foundation.
“Bringing Innovation to the patient’s bed to improve treatments is my passion.”
- Since 2017: Management of the AO Development Incubator and Technology Transfer
- 2014-17: Innovation and Project Portfolio Management in a Hospital
- 2010 – ongoing: Member of the Board / Chair of the Board of a Group Practice, Doktorhaus Fislisbach AG
- 2004-14: Development, Product Management and Innovation Management, Straumann AG
- 1999-03: Product Management and Development, Stratec AG
- MSc and PhD in Physics, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
Member of the Board
Georg has years of experience in the areas of venture capital and private equity incl. start-ups. He acts as advisor to medical device enterprises, both as a legal counsel and as a member of the Board. This background makes him a valuable person when discussing core issues and strategies. He also supports Device25 as a lawyer.
“With every assignment I try to share some of my experience and at the same time, I never stop learning.”
- Since 2008: Senior Partner at Umbricht Attorneys at Law
- 1994-08: Partner at Umbricht Attorneys at Law
- 1992-93: Associate with Fulbright & Jaworski in Houston and New York
- 1988: Admitted to the Bar of the Canton of Zurich with admission throughout Switzerland
- Member of the Board in various companies
- Lic. iur., University of Zurich, Switzerland